1. Identification of the platform according to the needs of the business
Choosing the platform (Open Source CMS) should be related to the needs of your business, both at the time of T0 (starting the business) and at the time of T1 (medium / long term – 1-2 years). The experience regarding both our projects in work and the finished ones, recommend us for the creation of online stores on the following ecommerce solutions:
The order of the e-commerce solutions proposed by our agency is related to the experience with an Open-Source System (CMS), thus managing to deliver more efficient implementations in terms of time.
2. Create graphic concept (logo / website design)
The complete and personalized graphic design solutions proposed represent the creation of a branding concept, according to your budget, also related to the business plan. The first step to developing a representative graphic concept for your business is to complete a creative brief, as well as wireframes, and then determine the actual creative working time. The most important elements of the graphic concept are the following:
- Create wireframe
- Create / concept logo
- Create banners / visual elements
- Create business cards / video / email signature
3. Applying responsive web design elements
In 2017, Art directors of the agency specialized in UI and UX recommend that the Web Design of the site be reported starting from the mobile version of the site.
Thus, within the design and application design, we first initiate the creation of the Mobile variant and then apply the design for the Desktop.
All processes involve programming technologies that allow the accuracy of a source code, responsive elements, CSS level optimization and database.
4. We implement SEO and Engine-friendly elements (site architecture)
At least 2 types of digital campaigns are dependent on Engine-friendly elements. SEO and Google Adwords (partially) optimization campaigns are powered by an AI, called machine-learning, and thus accumulate information about your products, your audience, and adapt accordingly. The lack of properly optimized and structured elements can lead to problems of indexing and / or irrelevant traffic.
Analyzing the initial business (+ competition), we can build the best structure and, at the same time, we can implement, before launch, all the elements Engine & User Friendly.
5. We import / export the products automatically based on personalized feeds
An online store can have from 10 to 50,000 products. For online stores that have few products as number we recommend manually adding them with focus on specifications / original presentation. However, for ecommerce sites like marketplace we automate the processes through CSV imports, so the time of adding products is greatly reduced.
Depending on the complexity of the database, the platform, the specifications and the type of imported information, we develop scripts to help the business process.
6. Implementation of business-specific modules (courier / billing)
We implement customized solutions, depending on the needs of the business:
- Courier modules
- Online payment processors modules & sms sending
- Live chat / blog section
- Google Adwords / Facebook / Affiliate scripts
- Scripts for automatic redirects and custom feeds
I have listed only some of the most used modules / functionalities of the online stores that activate in the e-commerce market. Depending on the needs of your business, we can develop customized features (ERP integration, etc.).
7. We optimize the database on the site loading speed
Upload speeds vary depending on browser, device, Internet connection, geolocation, resources / server configuration, but also on the site database. Taking into account all the factors that influence the loading speed, we undertake the following specific actions:
- We implement site level caching modules
- We optimize the database based on server resources
- We optimize the elements of the page (html compression, CSS / JS in files, etc.)
- We optimize in detail the images by compression
8. We integrate Google, Facebook, Affiliate, Comparator scripts
We implement / configure all the tracking and integration methods with other parts, and then we test them:
- Integrate Google Adwords / Tag manager / Ecommerce scripts
- Facebook Pixel / Product catalog scripts integration (feed.xml)
- Integrating scripts & affiliate feeds
- Integration of scripts & comparative feeds
9. Install the SSL certificate on the server
In 2017, information security by implementing an SSL certificate (https) is a confirmation of the brand entity for both search engine and users. The implementation of an SSL certificate at the level of a site implies the following procedures:
- Securing items on all pages of the site
- Appropriate redirects to the new URL
- Implementations / verifications on canonical URL relationships
10. Testing all the functionalities before launch
Before launch we check and retouch (if applicable) any element that is related to the functionality of the site, up to design details. We perform order tests, check all subsequent processes that are direct with future customers, test the response time server, analyze the display on different types of device / browser. After we solve and we have all the tested elements, we migrate the online store live, with all the functionalities and implementations realized. More specifically, in the language of Internet users, we deliver a “turnkey online store”.